Secondary Schooling Graduate Programs
In the Education Queensland International Program international students are fully integrated with Australian students. They attend mainstream classes and are expected to complete all classwork, assignments, presentations and assessments. This program involves students from overseas totally immersing themselves in the Australian Education system.
Senior students study towards the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) by the Queensland Studies Authority. The subject selection includes:
Senior Physical Education
Film, Television and New Media
Information Technology Systems
Students who complete a full academic program of all semesters of study will be eligible for an Overall Position (OP). This tertiary entrance score is used for entrance to Australian Universities and is internationally recognised.
In the Junior Program, International students in Years 8, 9 and 10 will study core subjects through the new Australian curriculum. Their core program of study will include:
History (and Geography)
The Arts (Music, Visual Art, Drama)
As well as a choice from a large array of technology and elective subjects
Through Years 8, 9 and 10, some choices of subjects are offered allowing students to begin pathway planning for senior subjects and tertiary opportunities.
Study Abroad Programs
International students can attend Mt Gravatt for between three and twelve months for full study. Students select from the full range of subjects available and study with Australian students in mainstream classes.
The aim of this program is to gain further English proficiency and experience another culture. At the conclusion of their studies a report is issued, detailing subjects studied and grades.
To enrol in either of these programs please visit the Education Queensland International website.
- Griffith University’s Excellence Expo Competition, which includes extension activities using outside mentors
- Public speaking competitions (Rostrum Voice of Youth, Legacy Plain English Competition and Apex)
- High School Public Speaking Competition and Advanced Mathematics programs run through Canberra University
- Future Problem Solving program (through Deakin University)
- Debating competitions run by the Queensland Debating Union
- “The School I’d Like” (Year 8 English Extension)
- “Evening of Eminence” (Year 9)
A large percentage of International students enrolled at Mt Gravatt State High School have experienced academic success as well as growing in maturity and self-confidence. Last year’s achievements include:
- 12% of Year 12 students achieved OP 1-5, 78% received OP 1-15
- 90% of students received the QCE qualification
- 100% of Mt Gravatt students who applied for a tertiary course received an offer!